News & Events
Here's what's happening at Oregon MESA.
To Be Announced
January 17th, 2017 - Program Coordinator, Kelly Cousineau, honored with National Afterschool Next Gen Award
October 21, 2016 - MESA Student Spotlight: Yareli Torres Rincon talks about the impact of MESA.
MESA Press Releases
In the News
- 2017, September. Four McKay High School MESA students win Portland State University CleanTech Challenge, win nearly $23,000 to fund their RECYCL3D project and go toward college tuition.
- 2017, September. Coverage of the East Metro STEAM Roadmap event by MESA, in partnership with East Metro STEAM Partnership and The Rosewood Initiative, reported by East PDX News.
- 2016, December. On The Oregonian's Higher Ed Blog, PSU's Oregon MESA program improves science and math grades.
- 2016, March. Overview of the OSU SYNERGIES project, a collaboration with MESA, in NSTA's Connected Science Learning.
- 2015, July. Articles featuring The Lemelson Foundation's $706,000 grant to MESA in The Oregonian and the Statesman Journal.
- 2015, May. Article and video about MESA Day in the The Oregonian.
- 2014, June. Video and profile of Oregon MESA in Oregon Business.
- 2014, May. Video of KGW News coverage of MESA Day 2014.
- 2013, June. Article written by a high school senior about her five years in MESA, in The Oregonian.
- 2013, May. Article about prosthetic arm challenge in the Portland Business Journal.
- 2012, April. Article featuring The Lemelson Foundation's invention education investment in MESA in the PSU Vanguard.
- 2006, May. Article profiling the impact of MESA in the Daily Journal of Commerce.
Impact & Evaluation Reports
Spring 2017 - The Circuit Board #3, What Makes MESA Magic Happen
Winter 2017 -The Circuit Board #2, Academic Impact and Demo Day