Here's what's happening at Oregon MESA.
MESA Press Releases
05/17/2019: Hundreds of Diverse Middle and High School Students Set their Sight on Mars at Oregon MESA Day 201902/25/2019: Educators, Engineers, and Entrepreneurs Come Together to Support Middle and High School Inventors at Oregon MESA Demo Day 2019
In the News
- 2020, March. Viewpoint: A Portland Diversity Champion Turns 35, reported by Portland Business Journal.
- 2019, September. New MHCC Program Nurtures Young Inventors, reported by The Outlook.
- 2017, November. The Meyer Memorial Trust grants Oregon MESA $168,000 to double the number of schools served in our after school program, reported by Portland State University.
- 2017, September. Four McKay High School MESA students win Portland State University CleanTech Challenge, win nearly $23,000 to fund their RECYCL3D project and go toward college tuition.
- 2017, September. Coverage of the East Metro STEAM Roadmap event by MESA, in partnership with East Metro STEAM Partnership and The Rosewood Initiative, reported by East PDX News.
- 2016, December. On The Oregonian's Higher Ed Blog, PSU's Oregon MESA program improves science and math grades.
- 2016, March. Overview of the OSU SYNERGIES project, a collaboration with MESA, in NSTA's Connected Science Learning.
- 2015, July. Articles featuring The Lemelson Foundation's $706,000 grant to MESA in The Oregonian and the Statesman Journal.
- 2015, May. Article and video about MESA Day in the The Oregonian.
- 2014, June. Video and profile of Oregon MESA in Oregon Business.
- 2014, May. Video of KGW News coverage of MESA Day 2014.
- 2013, June. Article written by a high school senior about her five years in MESA, in The Oregonian.
- 2013, May. Article about prosthetic arm challenge in the Portland Business Journal.
- 2012, April. Article featuring The Lemelson Foundation's invention education investment in MESA in the PSU Vanguard.
- 2006, May. Article profiling the impact of MESA in the Daily Journal of Commerce.